South Essex Homes
FAQs A - Z Accessibility Text Only Contact us
Text Size: Use Small Text SizeUse Medium Text SizeUse Large Text Size
Home Menu Icon
Poll Menu Icon
Why are you visiting the South Essex Homes Website?
View Results

South Essex Homes Limited
is the Arms Length Management Organisation of
Southend on Sea Borough Council

Registered in England and Wales
Registered Office:
Civic Centre,
Victoria Avenue,
Southend on Sea,
Essex SS2 6FY

Registration Number:

VAT Registration No:
864 0939 01

Works to your Home

Information on works to your home.

Q.  What work should I expect?
A.  The work carried out will differ from home to home. We have a wide variety of properties to manage in Southend, from Victorian terraces right through to high rise tower blocks. As a result the work that is required on these properties can be very varied, factors such as age and condition have an impact on what is to be  replaced. To help you understand more click here to read the Decent Homes guidelines.  
The year 2010 is the government’s target for making all social housing ‘Decent’. We have been working hard to meet Decent Homes standards since the initiative was first launched, and as a result many homes are now ‘Decent’ under the Government criteria. Your home may reach the Decent Homes Standard without any work being required before 2010.
Q.  How will I know if major works are planned?

South Essex Homes has produced a 5 year programme of works to be carried out up to 2013. The programme is subject to ongoing validation surveys and available funding which may result in some  changes to the priority of works.
To view the proposed work programme at street level click here and enter your street.
The published programme only shows street level data due to data protection issues. If you want information on your actual property please call the South Essex Homes Customer Contact Centre on 0800 833 160.
Please be aware that when the works are programmed in your property we will send you a formal notification letter (in your preferred language / format) a few months prior to works starting.
If you feel works are required but not currently planned you can lodge an appeal with us and we will investigate further. To view the Decent Homes Programme Appeals Policy click here.

Q.    What if I do not require the works?

 If you do not require the proposed works or require any clarification on the works to be undertaken please contact us 0800 833 160 so that we can respond to your query. If your query cannot be answered immediately the query will be passed to the Asset Management Team who will clarify the situation.
To view the full Tenant Refusal Policy click here.