We aim to deliver the best service with the resources available
The Contract Management & Compliance Team provide the following key functions to its internal and external partners:
- Collecting stock condition information to update the Apex Asset Management system, which continues to improve our knowledge of improvements required within the stock portfolio.
- Producing programmes of work in order for South Essex Homes to meet decent homes targets.
- Procurement, tendering and final account checks of works contracts for responsive, planned and cyclical programmes.
- Budget and Key Performance Indicator monitoring to inform management of contractor performance and trends.
- Managing the asbestos register and asbestos survey and works contracts.
- Dealing with major works referrals and works to fire damaged properties.
- Processing of private contractor invoices.
- Processing repair contractor payments and monitoring of performance.
- Budget Monitoring and Reporting of the Housing Revenue Account.
- Performance reporting, trend and statistical analysis of the Housing Management System.
- Production of vital housing indicators and statistics for Government.
The Decent Homes Standard
The Decent Homes Standard is the standard that the Government has set is for Council dwellings to reach by an agreed date. South Essex Homes has achieved the latest Government target at the end of 2012/13.
’A decent home is one which is wind and weather tight, warm, and has modern facilities. It reflects what social landlords spend their money on. To set a national target a common definition of ’decent’ is needed so all social landlords can work towards the same goal’.
The Decent Homes Criteria
A Decent Home must meet the following standards:
- It must meet the current statutory minimum standard for housing;
- It must be in a reasonable state of repair;
- It must have reasonably modern facilities and services; and
- It must provide a reasonable degree of thermal comfort.
Procurement of Contracts
Southend Borough Council and South Essex Homes has adopted Constructionline to pre-qualify contractors and generate approved lists for all works under £500,000.
Southend Borough Council and South Essex Homes have also decided, given the importance that they attach to health and safety, that their Contractors should have achieved accreditation from ‘CHAS’ (the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme).