Here at South Essex Homes we aim to fully support you in your tenancy.
Residents have made it clear that they want to be able to speak to a member of staff who can deal with all of their questions and concerns rather than being passed from department to department. To make this possible, we have split the Southend-on-Sea Borough Council homes that we manage in to 12 ‘patches’- six in the ‘East Area’ and six in the ‘West Area’.
These neighbourhoods are looked after by a Tenancy Services Officer who are the first point of contact for tenants regarding any tenancy services issues.
We can help tenants deal with things like;
- If they want to swap their home with another tenant
- Any changes to their tenancy
- Problems with ‘lower level’ anti-social behaviour (things like rubbish in communal areas or neighbours' dogs barking in Council owned properties)
- If they have too many bedrooms in their home and want to move to a smaller property
- Estate and property inspections
- Any alterations they want to make to their home
- If they are starting to get in to arrears with their rent account
- If they want to terminate their tenancy
If you have any questions about your tenancy you can contact us at any time - your Tenancy Services Officer will be happy to help.
Click here for contact details of our Tenancy Services Officers.
Pages in Your Tenancy
- 1. Introduction - You are here
- 2. Your Tenancy Agreement
- 3. Support with your Tenancy
- 4. Support with your tenancy - If you are an adult at risk of abuse.
- 5. Council Housing
- 6. Mutual Exchange
- 7. Money to Move
- 8. Decent Homes
- 9. Pets and Animals
- 10. Ending your Tenancy
- 11. Mobility Scooters
- 12. Discretionary Decorating Scheme
- 13. Home Surveillance Cameras (CCTV)