Your Tenancy Agreement
If you are a Council Tenant you are required to comply with your tenancy conditions. These would have been given to you when you signed your tenancy agreement and, by signing the tenancy agreement, you are agreeing to comply with the conditions of the tenancy.
If you are not a new tenant, you would have received the revised conditions in the post in October 2013, which is when they were last amended.
As your landlord, the Council has a number of key responsibilities towards you including:
- Ensuring you are able to enjoy your home in peace
- Maintaining your home in a fit condition
- Keeping your home safe
- Cleaning and caring for the communal areas and environment around your home
- Consulting you about changes in the management of your home
You, in return, have a number of responsibilities as described in the Tenancy Conditions booklet including:
- Paying your rent and charges
- Behaving in a way that is not anti-social or causes a nuisance to your neighbours
- Showing respect towards other residents and not abusing them or our staff
- Looking after your home and surrounding area
- Telling us when repairs are needed and giving access to staff.
Please click here to download a copy of your Tenancy Conditions.
If you require these in a different language, please contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 833160.
Please click here if you want to enquire about making improvements or alterations to your home.
Pages in Your Tenancy
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Your Tenancy Agreement - You are here
- 3. Support with your Tenancy
- 4. Support with your tenancy - If you are an adult at risk of abuse.
- 5. Council Housing
- 6. Mutual Exchange
- 7. Money to Move
- 8. Decent Homes
- 9. Pets and Animals
- 10. Ending your Tenancy
- 11. Mobility Scooters
- 12. Discretionary Decorating Scheme
- 13. Home Surveillance Cameras (CCTV)